Quality Technical Manager
I am currently recruiting for a Quality Technical manager on behalf of a client who are well established in the food manufacturing industry.
- To keep abreast of all relevant legislative, scientific and technical developments and industry Codes of Practice applicable in the country of raw material supply, production and, where applicable, the country where the product will be sold. To ensure the company is kept informed.
- The continuous improvement of the quality and safety of manufactured products.
- Ensure that you are fully updated on the latest demands of the BRC standards, and that these standards are acted upon throughout the year.
- Be aware of consumer trends for “cleaner” ingredients and advise senior management of the implications for the business in adapting any changes necessary to conform to new recipes.
- Ensure all staff are trained in line with Food Safety and BRC requirements.
- Ensure that any customer complaints are responded to promptly and senior management are fully informed. Co-ordinate appropriate action to prevent a re-occurrence.
- Ensure that all raw material suppliers have appropriate accreditation and audit those that do not.
- Ensure that all samples produced are of best possible standard of manufacture and presentation.
- Ensure that all packaging information accurately represents what is in the product and is correct in terms of ingredients, nutritional and allergen content.
- HNC or similar in a food related discipline
- Computer literate ie: word, excel, specification based systems.
- Internal Auditor / auditing experience / BRC & HACCP
- Food Hygiene Qualifications
What’s on Offer?
- A competitive salary of up to £40,000 depending on experience
- Working Monday to Friday office hours
If the above role could be of interest and you would be keen to find out more please call Cassi Henderson on 0131 226 5060 and send your most recent up to date CV over to Cassi@drnewitt.com.