Area Manager (Production)
Area Manager (Production)
About the Role
You are a high performing Area Manager or Shift Manager with Food Manufacturing, FMCG, Automotive or Pharmaceutical industry sector experience and you are ambitious to be a Factory Manager in the near future and you have the drive and energy to work towards and achieve demanding objectives.
The Area Manager, reports to the Factory Manager and is an integral part of the Factory leadership team, responsible for the safety, quality and performance of all manufacturing and engineering functions within your production area, consisting of a number of production lines. Responsible for approximately a team of 50 people across a number of production lines, you will ensure clearly defined standards are adhered to and ensure that customer needs are delivered through the implementation of robust systems and plans.
You will lead your production area in such a way that ensures the balanced scorecard of H&S, Quality, Performance and Service is delivered through and with the teams, and of course OEE targets are consistently achieved and exceeded.
- Deliver OEE performance targets in the factory that is world class in terms of high care production;
- Set and communicate output and KPI targets for the area to ensure targets are achieved;
- Contribute to setting of the area’s budget and financial KPI's;
- Work with others to optimize production performance;
- Review and report regularly on production measures to drive performance and timely identification of issues;
- Liaise with the engineering function regarding planned maintenance and ensure timely resolution of breakdowns;
- Liaise with the technical function within the factory to deliver Quality performance required;
- Work with the Factory Manager to identify poorly performing products and develop an improvement plan.
- Own the safety culture to deliver the safety measures and improve the standards within the area;
- Own the quality agenda for the area to meet or exceed customer demands;
- Work on an ‘audit ready’ basis so that audits are not a special event;
- Ensure all NCR’s are investigated to root cause and actions taken to prevent recurrence;
- Ensure that product launches meet customer expectations with minimal impact on standard running;
- Achieve the necessary product quality levels through a ‘Right First Time’ mentality and adherence to standards.
You will need to have experience in the food and drinks manufacturing /production or closely related industry sectors, and have a depth and breadth working knowledge and understanding of all aspects of manufacturing including operations, engineering, safety and quality. Preferably you will be educated to degree or HND level and you will have some relevant professional qualifications or experience such as IOSH, BRC, possibly HACCP or within Engineering.
Improving our OEE performance through Continuous Improvement (CI) is a high profile and on-going focus at Refresco and a working knowledge of and exposure to these processes (lean manufacturing) is desirable.
You will need to be computer literate, particularly Microsoft office and excel.
Most critically however you will be able to demonstrate achievements and delivery of targets in management and leadership of a large team and working successfully within a wider production team. You will be a role model who has excellent communication, analytical, problem solving skills and can demonstrate that you have developed a team and delivered through people. Resilience and the ability to work in a constantly fast changing, fast moving environment is important too for our Area Managers.
Our drinks on every table. That's our vision. So, yes, it's safe to say we're ambitious. We're thirsty for more, constantly looking to the future. To new products, new services, new markets, new customers. Here in the UK, we're well on track to produce one billion litres through our plant annually. Overseas? We already have 30 factories in 10 countries – and we're actively looking to expand our operation.
Head quartered in Rotterdam, Netherlands, Refresco is the leading European bottler of soft drinks and fruit juices for retailers and branded customers with production in Benelux, France, Germany, Iberia, Italy, the UK, Poland and Finland. In 2016 the company realized full year volumes and revenue of circa 6.5 billion litres and circa EUR 2.5 billion, respectively. Refresco offers an extensive range of product and packaging combinations from 100% fruit juices to carbonated soft drinks and mineral waters in carton, PET, Aseptic PET, cans and glass. Focused on innovation, Refresco continuously searches for new and alternative ways to improve the quality of its product and packaging combinations in line with consumer and customer demand, environmental responsibilities and market demand. Refresco employs approximately 5,500 staff.
In the UK, Refresco Beverages UK is based Bridgwater, Somerset, employs 850 people and we run four factories. We produced 750 million litres in 2016. Our target is a billion litres by the end of 2018, and we are well on target to achieve this goal. We work with all the leading UK retailers including Tesco, ASDA, Morrison's and Sainsbury to produce their private labels and with branded customers such as Innocent, Ocean Spray and Um Bongo.
Refresco floated publicly on the Euronext stock exchange in March 2015. In July 2016 we announced the acquisition of Whitlock Packaging in the US, our first foray in to the US drinks market, adding 900 million litres of drinks per annum to our production.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this role is circa £53,500 per annum plus bonus plus pension plus benefits dependent on experience.
Apply for Area Manager (Production)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly