Senior Technical Manager / Technical Manager
A manufacturer of chilled and frozen products across both brand and private label, the company supplies all of the Top 4 major multiple retailers as well as the Convenience and Foodservice channels.
The business is currently going through a sustained period of growth having doubled its turnover in the last 5 years. They’re in the fortunate position of being a well-established and highly regarded supplier in a category where there are a very small number of competitors.
It's a single site operation, based in South Yorkshire.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for managing the Technical function by ensuring compliance with Food Safety Policies & Legislation whilst also liaising with customers on all food quality, safety and legal issues.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage technical standards across the site to ensure that food safety, legality and quality standards are met at all times.
- To facilitate, assist and advise Production department on the implementation of quality and food safety systems so as to ensure that all finished products are manufactured to specified quality standards.
- To manage site audits conducted by customers, statutory bodies, third party audit, internal audits in an efficient and timely manner
- To ensure that the site is compliant with GMP policy, customer manufacturing standards and IFS/BRC/TFMS accreditation.
- Manage the introduction of new products into the business from concept to launch
- To agree customers technical requirements and ensure that there are effective systems in place to control product quality. Compliance.
- Keep up to date with any legislative changes relating to food and notify relevant stake holders.
- To monitor the work of the Technical Department to ensure that specified checks, records and audits are being completed as required.
- To develop, manage, motivate, coach, & lead members of the Technical team, ensuring that all direct reports comply with statutory and company regulations, especially Health and Safety requirements.
- To lead the site HACCP Team and maintain an effective system of HACCP systems and controls.
- To manage quality complaints, ensuring that they are managed and responded to in a timely manner.
- To monitor the site hygiene, ensuring that agreed hygiene standards are met at all times
- To work as part of small flexible, cross functional teams from time to time on other projects which may arise as part of a programme of Continuous Personal Development.
- Key member of the senior management team-develop technical KPI’s and report on their performance along with areas of improvement needed.i.e Trend analysis
- Experience of speciation and allergen control
- To manage standards of suppliers of raw materials, packaging and services
Candidates will currently be working in a Technical Manager position within the UK Food & Drink manufacturing sector. Key experience will include:
- Degree or equivalent in a food science discipline is vital
- Experience of managing a Technical function within a fast paced manufacturing company is vital.
- Experience in facilitating team development.
- Experience of developing strong relationships with customer and suppliers
- Excellent organisational and project management skills are required
- Good interpersonal skills communicating at all levels.
- Excellent English literacy skills.
- Ability to prioritise work objectives
- Up to date knowledge of food legislation and its interpretation.
- Excellent management skills
- Knowledge of TFMS standards
Apply for Senior Technical Manager / Technical Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly