Fruitapeel is an industry-leading manufacturer of fruit and confectionary sauces supplying several high profile brands. Based in Simonswood, Fruitapeel prides itself on delivering exceptional customer service.
Fruitapeel is looking for a talented individual to help strengthen their Technical team. This is an exciting time for Fruitapeel and an excellent opportunity to join a business that continues to grow year on year.
Working a Monday to Friday rota with shifts including 6am to 3pm, 8am to 5pm, or 1pm to 10pm, plus one in four Saturday mornings.
The key day-to-day tasks of the QA Technician include:
- Carry out internal audits to schedule including glass and plastic, hygiene and personal hygiene
- Daily testing and analysis of sauce products to ensure conformance to individual product specifications such as pH, aW Bostwick.
- Monitor the standards of hygiene, housekeeping, food safety, traceability, allergen management, legality and quality
- Ensure the control, quarantine and corrective action of any non-conforming products
- Monitor and investigate complaints, returns, root cause analysis for continual improvements
- Calibration of testing equipment
Key attributes of the QA Technician include:
- Experience in a similar role within a food manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of good manufacturing practices.
- A keen eye for detail, communicates well and can work autonomously as well as part of a team
- A highly motivated person who is flexible, hardworking, well organised and keen to make a difference.
- Previous quality control / quality assurance experience is an advantage, preferably gained within the food/beverages industry but full training will be given.
- Level 3 Hygiene or HACCP trained would be advantageous but not essential