Procurement Manager for ambitious FTSE business
Pro-Active Nutrition is an exciting and ambitious business formed from the acquisition and merger of High5 and Reflex Nutrition by the ABF Group. Like all ABF businesses, Pro-Active Nutrition will operate as an autonomous business, whilst enjoying the support of a hugely successful multi-national parent. The newly formed business has ambitious growth plans built on a dedication to customer service and consumer innovation.
The business is now seeking to recruit a Procurement Manager to own the development of sustainable supplier relationships which will deliver increased bottom line returns. Taking a category management approach, this new role will build a strategic framework upon which Pro-Active Nutrition will procure the goods and services it needs to trade in a way that optimises value for the business, ensuring that high standards are met and relationships remain strong and collaborative.
In addition, significant benefits can be realised via benchmarking existing ABF supplier terms and leveraging opportunities to reduce costs. This will require strong engagement and an inquisitive and challenging mindset.
- Location: Brighton
- Salary: Competitive
- Establishing a category management process for all procurement spend.
- Ensuring all supplier relationships are predicated with appropriate contracts.
- Setting challenging plans to constantly increase the value offering of the business, managing stakeholder expectations through a budget, forecast and reporting process.
- Partnering with Technical to ensure that all supply lines meet requirements for food safety, legality and quality via the supplier assurance programme.
- Building strong internal relationships to ensure that all opportunities to realise value through procurement are identified and taken.
- Championing the use of the ABF procurement toolkit and eSourcing to deliver value.
- Supporting the growth agenda of the business by leveraging supplier relationships to introduce new products and concepts, thereby supporting the NPD and innovation programmes.
- Developing the procurement team to be functionally strong, comfortable with procurement best practice, credible within the business and resilient to market volatility.
- Building and owning a strategic forward plan for direct and indirect spend in order to build skill and drive improvement in procurement processes.
Pro-Active Nutrition is a fast-paced, agile, growth business and requires an individual who will be able to thrive in an environment where there is constant change, someone who is highly adaptable, able to work in a lean, entrepreneurial business whilst also flexing to the demands of a global blue-chip parent.
The successful candidate will be an experienced purchasing professional with previous experience within a dynamic FMCG environment
Please get in touch if you would like to discuss in more detail