Senior Quality Assurance Manager
Senior Quality Assurance Manager, Lincolnshire - £42,000
I am currently recruiting a Senior Quality Assurance Manager for a very successful food manufacturer based in Lincolnshire. To take full responsibility for all technical aspects of the factory, ensuring that the physical factory / site and its operation provide for food safety and quality. Consistently meeting customer and legal requirements, working towards best practice, whilst driving standards and customer expectations forward.
As the Senior Quality Assurance Manager you will report to the Technical Manager, key responsibilities will include:
• Implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of a HACCP based quality system, such that, as a minimum, required approvals (typically BRC and customer standards) are achieved and food quality/safety/legality standards are consistently met.
• Working alongside the Factory / Site Management team to lead and motivate the Food Safety & Quality culture to drive continuous improvements on all technical aspects on site (product, process and environmental / hygiene to meet customer and legislative requirements to deliver both external and internal KPIs.
• Auditing of the factory environment and activities to enable full assessment of standards being achieved, assessing, and ensuring the site management team are continuously improving ongoing technical standards.
• Management of succession plans for the technical team and specific members of the team (as per organisational structure above), to include recruitment and selection, training and development (including competency framework training) , performance monitoring, counselling and disciplining.
• Reporting of technical performance of the site, both internally and externally. Ensuring relevant internal personnel are fully aware of technical status and challenges which require their input to improve.
• Working with Customers / Statutory Bodies, implementation of legislation and Customer standards. During factory visits and audits, providing information required and implementing corrective actions where necessary and providing
• Analysis of microbiological / chemical / allergen results / trends to determine corrective action / preventative measures as required
• Management of serious incidents to establish root cause and corrective actions / preventative measures. Ensuring corrective actions are taken to resolve issues effectively and efficiently.
• Working with central functions to maintain and develop the existing Food Quality & Safety systems
• Streamlining all reporting/process control / traceability and monitoring systems within the factory environment.
• Co-ordinating Food Safety & Quality Management operation and ensuring all technical requirements are met on site.
• Deputising for site Technical Manager / Other Senior Food Safety & Quality Managers
• Monitoring and controlling any negative environmental impact arising from the processes within area of responsibility; ensuring that all direct reports and colleagues are briefed and clear in regards to their responsibilities
• To work in accordance with Health & Safety as outlined in the Health & Safety and Environmental Responsibilities DCN 2586.
To be considered for this position the candidate must have:
• A degree in Food Science or related discipline
• Quality management experience
• Experience in the food industry
• Experience with major UK retailers
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation, and organisational skills.
• Team leadership qualities.
• Initiative, self-motivated, well organised and assertive.
• Logical approach, excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
• Working knowledge of BRC standard, HACCP, Food Legislation, and Food Hygiene
• Excellent communicator (written and verbal) with the visible passion and enthusiasm for achieving targets, objectives and continuous improvement in a cross-functional team environment
• Good understanding of the commercial and customer dynamics and the inherent complexity of supply across Private Label, Brand and distribution channels.
Monday to Friday – Office Hours
Salary Up to £42,000 plus benefits
33 days holiday per year
If you would like to apply for this role then please send me your most recent and up to date CV to Sophie@drnewitt.com or if you would like to discuss this role, the company or the exact location of the this role in more detail then please call Sophie on 0131 226 5060 or 07784676778, Mon - Fri 8.45am till 7.30pm