General Job description:
- Ensure incoming raw materials are checked against supplier specifications
- To perform regular checks and audits (GMP, Traceability, Fabrication, Weight checks etc.)
- Complete calibrations
- Ensure all products are stored correctly
- To collect micro samples, water samples and environmental swabs.
- To assist in training of production personnel.
- To monitor production lines to ensure product safety, quality and compliance with customer’s requirements.
- To co-ordinate food tasting sessions
- Manage customer complaints
- To ensure final packaging and labelling meet finished product specification
- Monitor the site hygiene standards
- Formulate QA/Hygiene rota during the absence of QA Manager
- Lead all third party audits in the absence of QA Manager
Skills and qualifications and experience:
- Degree educated in food science or other equivalent qualification.
- Proven HACCP and internal auditing knowledge.
- Basic understanding of microbiology.
- Ability to work flexible hours (evening, weekends if required).
If you are currently working within a similar role and looking to further your career, please send a copy of your recent CV to Chris.Hine@DRNewitt.com
Apply for QA Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly