Lead Maintenance Engineer
You have the chance to join a growing business that are adding to their engineering team as a result of internal progression & the need to continue to drive engineering improvements. As the Lead Maintenance Engineer you will be the number one site engineer & will be leading a small team.
This company are a specialist manufacturer, supplying products to the FMCG & wider industries & this is an opportunity to work within a varied production environment. As the business are passionate about developing & continuing to increase their market share, you will be given the remit to drive proactive engineering improvements across their Birmingham based site.
As the Lead Maintenance Engineer, you will working very closely with the senior management team & will be leading a small team in improving production targets by implementing efficient reactive and preventative maintenance processes. This is an exciting opportunity to be able to take on leadership responsibility & interact cross functionally in order to influence the direction of the organisation. You will also be required to work alone as well as part of a team & some key responsibilities include:
- Planned and reactive maintenance across the site (both electrical & mechanical).
- Working on a variety of machinery including but not limited to; filling machines, mixing machinery, blenders, conveyors.
- TPM & PPM schedules.
- Electrical installation/project work.
- Design of new and modified plant and installations ensuring they conform to relevant legislation, standards and codes of practice.
- Ensuring plant and equipment is operated within design limits.
- Improving production & line efficiency by RCA and 5Y.
- Helping to reduce waste and assist in cost saving with site spares and repairs.
- Management of maintenance activities to ensure efficient operation of plant and equipment throughout the site.
- Ensuring compliance to relevant H&S and environmental legislation of plant, equipment and maintenance activities.
THIS IS A MONDAY TO FRIDAY ROLE.
A Senior/ Lead Maintenance Engineer or even a Multi-skilled Engineer with leadership aspirations and experience within a manufacturing environment (ideally FMCG). The successful applicant will also have:
- Formal Engineering qualifications (City and Guilds, or equivalent, Certificates in Electrical Installation and Maintenance and Basic Engineering Competences)
- 17th Edition Training
- Both electrical & mechanical fault finding experience
- Formal health & safety training
Circa £35,000 + Benefits