Factory Manager required to run an Ambient Food manufacturing and Distribution site on the South Coast.
The business is a market leader and specialist in their field throughout the UK and Europe and are a crucial part of a leading FMCG group. Trading for over 300 years there are not many in the market that can compete with the service they provide or the quality of their product.
Details of the role include;
To provide leadership and direction to the management team, encouraging ownership and a solutions focused approach.
To maintain and improve current standards of performance, identifying areas of opportunity and risk, and to facilitate appropriate action.
To create and implement a site improvement plan that will not only mitigate immediate risks and deliver robust processes but will also drive continuous and sustainable improvement.
- Maintain high levels of Health, Safety and Quality performance.
- Lead on all aspects of production, ensuring all external and internal compliance requirements are met in terms of quality, continuous improvement and people development.
- Ensure the plant and products attain and retain the highest possible standards of quality and accreditation.
- Ensure that standards for product protection and prevention of contamination are met both at the production site(s) and at co-manufacturers.
- Recruit, retain and develop a high performing team, ensuring effective performance management processes are in place and a proactive approach is adopted to succession planning and utilisation of labour.
- Lead the cultural change process to embed quality assurance and continuous improvement as a way of life, engaging the whole team and removing barriers to change.
- Re position, integrate and engage the plant as part of the wider group, encouraging big picture thinking and optimisation of the resources available centrally.
- Represent the plant on Group Wide Forums (e.g. NPD, General Managers, People, Planet and Place etc.)
- Collaborate with the divisional finance function to develop, manage and deliver the annual financial budgets and targets, ensuring maximum return on investment.
- Develops business plans providing productivity improvement and stretch targets for cost efficiency.
- Ensures the achievement of the targets for the organisation by optimal usage of staff, materials and capital investments.
- Prepares presents and interprets Operations KPIs, makes recommendations which result in increased productivity and efficiency; reduces cost and improves customer satisfaction while following production plans.
- Work with C&S Logistics to deliver efficient in-bound and out-bound delivery.
- Develop and execute a strategy to enable the sharing and adoption of learning from other facilities (internal and external bench marking etc.)
Professional attributes include;
- Comprehensive knowledge of high-care batch process food production.
- Unshakeable commitment to product quality, customer satisfaction and consumer safety.
- Demonstrate track record of delivering high performing manufacturing sites within complex high care food or drink sector, operating within quality and budgetary constraints.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to build strong relationships cross functionally.
- Excellent leadership skills with proven ability to develop, motivate and empower people.
- Broad knowledge of supply chain and an understanding of capacity planning and production scheduling in a multi-product environment.
- Solid financial awareness and commercial acumen, with ability to understand and manage P&L budget, and make informed recommendations.
- Good working knowledge of Quality Management Systems and frameworks, and third party audits (retailers, BRC etc.) and proven track record in delivering continuous improvement using structured implementation techniques e.g. Lean.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work with a market leader in the ambient food and ingredient sector with full ownership of a fast paced and exciting factory.
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive base salary plus package.