D R Newitt has been assigned to recruit a QA Technologist on behalf of a specialist food import and distribution company based in East London. This is a full-time, permanent position and a great chance for a quality assurance or technical professional to join a small, flexible team that supplies a varied and exciting product portfolio to the UK Food Services market.
Reporting into the Quality Assurance Manager you will be responsible for all technical aspects of key customers and manging the technical interface between all stakeholders alongside maintaining Food Safety & Quality Management systems and providing food safety and quality training to colleagues.
This is an office based role in which you will need to be hands on & prepared to travel. Other duties will include:
- Maintaining and implementing the established Quality Management & Food Safety systems ensuring compliance
- Maintain best practice standards and provide technical/QA support service
- Support the QA Manager in their day to day duties
The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate:
- Experience in the UK Food Industry in a quality / technical role
- Experience of maintaining relationships with all levels of customers and suppliers
- A working knowledge of Quality & Food Safety standards
- Experience of applying HACCP & Auditing principles
If you would like more information on this position please contact Josh at D R Newitt on 0131 226 5060 or email Josh on JAlcock@drnewitt.com