Process Improvement Manager
The Process Improvement Manager, based out of Cheshire, will be responsible for facilitating lean initiatives and strategies across multiple sites, and drive continuous improvement leading to improved manufacturing, plant performance, team engagement and cost reduction.
My client are an established Manufacturing and Production business, with plants across the whole of the UK. Due to their current business plan and vision, the Process Improvement Manager role is a new role within the management stream, and will be pivotal in enhancing business performance moving forward.
The core responsibilities for the Process Improvement Manager are as follows:
- To optimise process reliability through the introduction of lean and continuous improvement strategies resulting in increased plant performance and cost reductions.
- To provide training coaching and guidance to the site based operational teams whilst engaging site managers at a strategic level.
- To develop and introduce a tiered operational review process and continuous improvement cycle.
- Develop and implement the use of industry best practice maintenance techniques.
- To carry out audits to ensure sustainability of the strategy across the business.
- To build and maintain a root cause analysis culture across the business.
- To build and maintain working relationships with internal and external parties whilst offering ideas and solutions to improve.
- To contribute to the reduction of safety and environmental risk.
- To provide the necessary training to enable the site based teams deliver lean and CI strategies correctly.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Knowledge of Lean, RCM and Continuous Improvement techniques.
- Full driving licence (essential).
- Ideally have formal lean qualification.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate at all levels within the organisation.
- Computer literate with ability to analyse data, draw conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Significant experience within a processing plant.
£45,000 - £50,000 company car/car allowance and additional benefits