Manufacturing Zone Controller
Manufacturing Zone Controller
Responsible to: Manufacturing Shift Leader
Responsible for: All manufacturing activities within the Process or Grated Areas
Description of Duties:
- To be professional at all times, leading by example, and inspiring and influencing others to do the same.
- To be an effective and efficient manager who achieves results through and also with others.
- To drive output and line efficiencies to and beyond budgeted levels by maximising the potential of the people, plant and time available.
- To strive to continuously improve the performance of the team members by setting clear and challenging goals and objectives (SMART) through appraisals.
- To maintain high levels of service to internal and external customers, developing a positive attitude towards others in the team and across the business.
- To ensure First Time Quality is a priority of all team members, with the desirable target being zero rejects.
- To organise and plan the continued training and development of the team members who are the responsibility of the Zone controller and utilise the resources available to meet budgetary targets.
- To regularly monitor the wastage targets within the production process, and take necessary action to improve levels through improvement, innovation and people involvement.
- Ensure all the company and departmental guidelines are rigorously adhered to at all times by the team members e.g. Health and Safety, Hygiene, dress code etc.
- To ensure that all the required administrative duties are fully completed within the set time scales and be competent on m3 system.
- To be proactive and continuously seek to improve equipment, methods and procedures, encouraging team members to do the same in accordance with the Continuous Improvement philosophy.
- To have an understanding of the strategic and financial needs and the goals of the business and be able to translate into team and individual objectives.
- To be an effective communicator at all levels, inside and outside the business.
- To be a self-motivated leader who has the desire and passion to succeed in achieving personal, departmental and business key performance measures, leading others to do the same.
- To work closely with the Human Resources department in updating the company policies and guidelines.
- To cover the duties of the Manufacturing Shift leader during absence.
- To work together with the Planner in continuously updating and improving the planning system.
- To work flexible hours as and when required due to the needs of the business.
- To assist in the long term strategy with involvement in Capital projects.
- To be aware of and adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures.
- To undertake any other associated duties which may occasionally arise.
- Strong leadership, communication, planning and organisation skills.
- Proven management ability and strong people management skills.
- A minimum of 2 years experience of working in the fast moving consumer goods industry.