Multi Skilled Engineer
JOB TITLE: Multi Skilled Engineer
CSM Bakery Solutions, with manufacturing and distribution facilities across Europe, is a global provider of a wide range of bakery products and ingredients for retail and foodservice markets as well as artisan and industrial bakeries. We are the UK's leading supplier of Sweet Bakery Retailer branded products in the in-store bakery sector for Cookies, Doughnuts & Mini Bites.
Through the dedicated efforts of more than 8,500 employees, CSM serves customers in 100+ countries, providing specialized ingredients and finished products. Customers include all the major multiples along with food service organizations, quick serve restaurants and the major well known coffee houses.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- To maximise production efficiencies by the effective inspection of production equipment and rapid resolution of problems to prevent unplanned production stoppages.
- To train and coach operators to improve production efficiencies.
- RESULTS AREA:
- Responsible for the effective repair maintenance and improvement of the mechanical, electrical, hydraulics and pneumatics of the production plant
- To assist in the development of through predictive and planned maintenance systems for all production equipment and the implementation of those systems
- Carry out daily routine checks; lubrication, PPM’s
- To support the manufacturing process by responding in a timely manner to equipment breakdowns ccarrying out scheduled maintenance work and being proactive on the correction and modification of reoccurring machine processing faults
- To respond in a timely manner to equipment breakdowns and ensure maximum focus is given to continuous improvement
- To fault find in an effective and efficient manner whilst utilising the various machines relevant documentation
- To establish harmonious relations with the operational staff and engineering utilities team with a collaborative approach
- Ensuring that machinery is maintained, and repaired to a high standard
- Pro-active in the reduction of engineering downtime and continuous improvement of the process and the department. Carry out predictive maintenance techniques in line with the company strategy
- To train and motivate production teams to improve plant and equipment understanding and carry out machine inspections, lubrication and basic maintenance.
- To carry out all responsibilities and practices with the aim of producing food safely and to required internal & external specifications within a HACCP framework
- Effectively communicate with management, production and maintenance colleagues to ensure safe, efficient, well organised operations
- Ensure accurate records of machine asset maintenance and improvements by effective communication with Engineering Manager
- Effective shift handover and communication
- Responsible for the integrity of parts requests for the Company
- Operate within an organised working environment ensuring tools and workstation are compliant with best practice food standards
- Proactively support all initiatives to improve safety and quality throughout the Company
- Performing duties in line with CSM Values
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Full time-served apprenticeship in plant maintenance
- ONC/HNC in engineering or can demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering ideally within a Food Manufacturing environment
- Good understand of safety and environmental regulations
- Ideally relevant engineering experience post apprenticeship
- Knowledge of manufacturing factory plant and processes
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
Apply for Multi Skilled Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly