Fast growing medium sized business requires a technical manager with drive and ambition, who understands in depth the implementation of BRC compliant systems and can work closely with the company and it's customers to ensure that the technical function contributes to the success of the business.
Is a market leader in the chilled and frozen ethnic foods sector.
Through a commitment to excellence, technological creativity, total quality, superior customer service and wholehearted commitment of all employees the company aims to continue to enhance its leadership position in its specialist food business.
The company is successful and forward looking, its main clients are further manufacturers and this role will require significant and ongoing client interface.
THE ROLE is focused on delivering all technical objectives of the business and to be sites conscience and moral guardian for food safety and legality. The key aspects of the role include:
·Department management and people development
·Maintenance of strong customer relationships with clients
·Site strategy and development of the Technical Operating Plan
The successful candidate will report to the directors of the business and will represent the company in all technical areas.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
* Minimum experience in food industry for 2 years is essential.
* Have been a technical supervisor at medium/large food manufacturer in dealing with Higher BRC Certificate.
* Have experience in high/low risk foods to UK retail.
* Have good knowledge of BRC Accreditation Version 7.
* Have good knowledge of HACCP
* Bsc Food Science/HND.
* Hold Advanced HACCP Cert.
* Hold Advanced Food Hygiene Cert.
* Have good knowledge of computers, competent in word and excel.
* Must be able to devise strategic solutions and implement improvements to procedures against BRC and HACCP requirements to ensure all technical & quality standards are consistently met.
* Maintain and develop existing relations providing a premier service to all customers.
* Enviable communication skills and excellent people management abilities along with the confidence to challenge and lead the business to new level of success.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Salary of £25,000 to £30,000