This leading FMCG company are looking for a Shift Engineer to support their fast paced site during an exciting period of change. You will be part of an established team driving improvement across their Corby site
This company is a market-leading business, manufacturing a vast range of products. As a Shift Engineer in this market leading FMCG company, you will be working within a semi automated production environment. As the business are passionate about getting closer to operational excellence & increasing their already established market share, you will be supporting them on driving proactive engineering improvements across their Corby site.
As the Shift Engineer you will be supporting the improvement of production targets by implementing efficient reactive and preventative maintenance processes. You have the opportunity to join an experienced engineering team & will also be working closely with the manufacturing teams to deliver best practice.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Advising the Engineering Manager of any shortcomings with the equipment after work has been completed.
- Ensuring machinery is fit for purpose & meets all safety requirements during your shift.
- Understanding the department's KPIs & play a key role in delivering them in full, within the timescales allocated.
- Ensuring you are familiar with all existing equipment on site, where necessary make your manager aware of any shortfall in knowledge.
- Being proactive, with regard to maintaining site machinery, recommend ongoing improvements for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Working with the production team, develop and implement solutions to improve productivity and reduce labour cost.
THIS ROLE WILL REQUIRE YOU TO WORK ON A CONTINENTAL SHIFT PATTERN
An Electrical Engineer or Multi-skilled Engineer with an electrical bias. You will have experience within a FMCG manufacturing environment ideally food, beverage, packaging or pharmaceutical. The successful applicant will have:
- Formal Engineering qualifications (electrical or mechanical to electrical conversion) or who is a time served engineer.
- Both electrical & mechanical fault finding experience.
- The ability to work both as a team & individually.
Circa £32,000 - £36,000 + Benefits