Butter Production Process Specialist, Wiltshire
Butter Production Specialist (Team Leader level), Westbury Wiltshire
At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world's favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak® and Tickler® - names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world. We are 4,000 UK and 19,000 global employees at the heart of it. Every single one of us plays an important role and together we build on our 10bn Euros turnover and establish our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
A challenging and varied role for an experienced Butter Production Specialist at our established Westbury site which processes around 550 million litres of milk a year, to make 55,000 tonnes milk powders and 65,000 tonnes of butter and cream. The role will work Monday to Friday days and report directly into the Production Manager. Initially this role is offered on a 2 year fixed term contract.
Make an Impact & Drive Change
Sitting within the Production team this role really has the scope for you to shape and deliver best practice and change at the Westbury site. Encompassing the remit of both Specialist/Team Leader and Operations Engineer, this new role is all about educating the dairy about butter and butter technology, optimising our installations and improving the performance. Duties include:
- Taking the lead in the development of all technical and technological aspects within the butter area, including the shop floor process to deliver yield, production and product quality improvements.
- Implement a training plan to develop the operations team in science based butter making process, leading class room and shop floor training and development sessions.
- Make as significant contribution to maximise productivity through applying technical knowledge of processes and lean techniques to resolve issues within the parameters of the role, then escalating to the production manager as appropriate.
- Contributes to the development and anchoring of a lean culture
- Challenges processes and practices, identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Deputise on behalf of the Production Manager and be acknowledged within the function as the technical and technological expert for the butter development.
Share your Specialist Knowledge
To deliver in this role you will have come from a dairy background and must have excellent knowledge of butter, and blends technology, and significant experience in a butter producing factory. In addition you will have:
- Strong leadership skills and be an excellent communicator with the ability to influence others and make decisions
- Experience of coaching, development and delivering training
- A cross functional mind-set is required in order to understand the requirements and intricacies of other departments.
- The ability to demonstrate knowledge and application of managing projects and continuous improvement
- Highly PC literate, with experience of MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong analytic skills and attention to detail
Please apply online asap and before 29th September 2017. In return you can expect a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work within a market leading company that encourages internal promotion.