Salary: up to £35k
I am on a look out for a Development Technologist for one of my clients' sites in West Kent. Do you have what it takes to come up with new products for one of the nation's favourite brands?
- Major branded and own-label food manufacturing business
- Multiple sites in the UK
- Keen to develop employees and give them the opportunity for growth
You'll have consumed their products, sometimes without knowing they were the manufacturer. They have many sites throughout the UK and an employee development track record.
As a key member of the NPD team, you will enable us to perfect the company's current products and pave the way for new lines, overcoming technical hurdles.
Your role will primarily involve hands-on development and you will spend time between desk and development kitchen.
Typically, you can expect to be involved with:
- Modifying existing products and processes and developing new ones
- Developing methods to repeat processes to ensure consistency in manufacturing
- Undertaking individual research projects, including alongside other departments, e.g. reducing waste
- Work with the commercial team to develop completely new product lines
- Enable our production processes to become uniform and replicable from batch to batch
- Develop methods to ensure delivered oil blends are effectively mixed pre-use
- Improve winterisation of our ingredient oils
- Lead our shelf life testing regime
- A level science or equivalent
- Food technology experience
- Understanding of emulsion science
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to travel nationally and occasionally internationally
Get in touch! If you think this role is for you, send me your CV to Roberta.Rad@silven.co.uk with RR/2831 as a subject or give me a call on 0161 832 7463 (work) / 07522498031 (mobile), and I'll be more than happy to have a chat and give you more information!
Not for you? That's ok! Maybe you know someone who would be suitable for this position? Pass them the link.