I am currently recruiting for 2 night shift Butchers (qualified) in the North West London area working 9pm - 5am.
The butchery of meat in accordance with the companies’ operating procedures.
- To ensure that meat is prepared to the customers’ specification and that the correct product is supplied.
- To be fully aware of each individual customer specification, including the correct raw material, yield required, presentation, packaging and labelling.
- The preparation of the required documentation to comply with ordering procedures.
- To ensure that Hygiene and Health & Safety practices are adhered to at all times.
- To adhere to the companies Hygiene and Health & Safety Rules.
- To ensure that red meat and poultry are not handled at the same time to avoid cross contamination.
- To ensure that raw meat is not handled at the same time as wrapped cooked meats to avoid cross contamination.
- To inform the Assistant Factory Manager of any problems with meats received
- To inform the Assistant Factory Manager of any defects in equipment.
To Ensure :
- All butchery is off the highest standards and in accordance with the customer specifications.
- That all meat used is correct for the job and complies with all traceability procedures and is of the correct origin.
- The completion of own costings on a daily basis identifying any shortfalls in yields and communicating such outcomes to the relevant management.
- That stock is held and rotated in line with requirements of the business and agreed company procedures.
- That total compliance with statutory requirements covering Health and Safety, COSSH, Hygiene etc. is carried out.
- That cleaning procedures are carried out diligently to maintain the good hygiene of the site and practicing the ethos of “clean as you go”.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties allocated by the Manager or other senior company employee.