I am currently recruiting for a Packaging Technologist on behalf of a client who are well established in the food manufacturing industry.
- Able to handle multiple projects at one time and a fast development cycle
- Work closely with packaging suppliers to drive and commercialise agreed concepts
- Responsible for supporting the implementation and interpretation of all required testing and developing appropriate action plans
- Ensure all packaging components are risk assessed, tested as appropriate and comply with regulatory and customer requirements and are fit for purpose
- Manage and lead technical relationships with suppliers to deliver products to critical time path; meeting packaging goals; relating to print & artwork creation, proofing, standard setting, and production approval
- Make use of technical knowledge and taking a lead role in problem solving of all technical and quality issues pertaining to new and existing packaging formats
- Keep up to date with technological innovations and becoming the company expert on all matters relating to packaging
- Manage the design, development and validation of new component tooling and ensuring that packaging components are compatible with the filling and packing lines used by finished product manufacturers.
- Taking responsibility for development and sign off of appropriate packaging specifications
- Ideally you will be degree qualified in a food related discipline or equivalent.
- Previous experience of developing and implementing packaging testing protocols
What’s on Offer?
- A competitive salary up to £35,000 + bonus scheme (7.5%)
- Working Monday to Friday office hours
If the above role could be of interest and you would be keen to find out more please call Cassi Henderson on 0131 226 5060 and send your most recent up to date CV over to Cassi@drnewitt.com.
Apply for Packaging Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly