Warehouse Front Line Manager
My client is an Award Winning food manufacturing business. We have a vacancy within the warehouse team for a Front Line Manager. Reporting to the Bakery Production Manager, the successful candidate will support the Operations department to help ensure effective running of the warehouse through management of all material stocks, forward planning, effective resource allocation, and supervision of the warehouse team. We are currently introducing production recording via SAP to the Production and Warehousing departments, and it is therefore crucial that the successful candidate fully embraces this, providing support, guidance and feedback to the team.
Key accountabilities include; supporting/assisting/carrying out packaging and ingredient stock counts, ensuring optimum material availability to deliver production plans, carrying out rotation and comparing with production plans, managing warehouse capacity to avoid congestion, carry out risk assessments, cleaning and safety inspections to ensure compliance with H&S requirements, and the effective management and engagement of the warehouse team.
- Good standard of education (Maths and English GCSE or equivalent required).
- Knowledge of warehouse operations and SA.
- Attention to detail, customer focus, able to use initiative, able to lead and implement CI activities and projects.
- People management experience.
- Ideally IOSH Managing Safely.
- Ideally level 3 Food Safety.
- Rapidly growing, well established, and an excellent reputation within the food industry and as an employer.
- Committed to continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Producer of a range of high quality products, supplying to all of the major multiple retailers.