Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With over 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill’s European poultry business is a leading supplier of food products to retail, foods service and food manufacturing customers in both European and global markets. By combining global market knowledge and experience with local market understanding and insight, Cargill’s European poultry business is committed to expanding its business and markets through innovation, and by creating real customer and consumer value in its products and services
The position holder will be a key member of the import and distribution team to support Cargill’s innovation strategy. A core part of the role is to deliver Food Safety Quality and Regulatory (FSQR) compliant New Product Development (NPD) to Cargill’s import and distribution customers. The Development Technologist will be managing a number of customer focused projects from brief to launch, sometimes to tight customer deadlines and must have the ability to plan, prioritise and organise their own tasks. The position holder must be able to build strong relations with all levels of the business and influence NPD teams in other locations. The Development Technologist must be able to maintain Cargill’s intellectual property and confidentiality.
The position holder will become a subject matter expert for our European poultry business and have exposure to the development of new products for our Thai poultry business and customers in Asia, Europe, South America and in the longer term- China and Russia.
- Working with suppliers to compile, develop and agree customer and Cargill format specifications once a product has moved into a development phase
- To generate customer specifications, understanding customer policies to ensure alignment of supplier specifications and Food Safety Quality and Regulatory (FSQR) product information requirements
- To compile and ensure development files, ensuring adherence to Cargill British Retail Consortium (BRC) and customer information requirements is available and complete for all New Product Development (NPD) projects
- To request, review and feedback to suppliers on regulatory and policy compliance for labelling, product coding and marking, product quality standards, trial, microbiological and nutrition results
- To escalate issues that cannot be resolved to the NPD manager
- Provide technical information and support to NPD and commercial managers inclusive of sample management, ordering, storage and sample despatch
- To maintain a high level of knowledge and competence in regulatory requirements, customer policies, procedures, document formats and Cargill FSQR compliance requirements for NPD
- Degree or HND in a food related or relevant applied science discipline
- Proven experience in the food industry, in NPD and or technical function
- Understanding of HACCP and Microbiological standards
- Experience in gathering and agreeing technical standards and demonstrating knowledge of regulatory requirements for food safety and labelling
- Logical and organised with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Proven communication skills in English- verbal and written
- Experience in processing poultry products and hygiene requirements for fully cooked and ready to eat products would be advantageous but not a prerequisite
- Knowledge of production processing for fried coated products beneficial but not essential
- Project management experience beneficial
- Experience with customer presentations and presenting product samples- advantageous
- Due to customer visits a driving licence is required for the successful applicant
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the world’s leading companies.