Quality Systems Manager
Quality Systems Manager, Cambridgeshire - £40,000
I am currently recruiting a Quality Systems Manager for a very successful food manufacturer based in Cambridgeshire. To develop and maintain the site Quality Management Systems ensuring compliance of customer Codes of Practice, required standards and legislative requirements are met. Managing internal and external audit schedules and corrective action systems and deputizing for the Technical Manager.
As the Quality Systems Manager you will report to the Technical Manager, key responsibilities will include;
• Building the onsite QMS to provide a robust and reliable platform of conformity that supports all operations
• Support and utilizing the supplier assurance and raw material risk assessment and approval systems
• Reviewing, establishing and managing an internal audit schedule that delivers compliance with legislative, BRC and customer policy requirements.
• Reviewing and maintaining a robust system to record and close out corrective actions arising from internal audits.
• Ensuring the compliance of new processes and products within the HACCP system.
• Documenting the validation of the QMS within the operations.
• Gaining a thorough understanding of the computer systems (e.g. SAP, Arolink) and how they could best be utilized by the technical function.
• Participating in the investigation and documentation of responses to non-conformities raised via customer complaints and Second or Third Party audits.
• Liaising with customers for any issues relating to technical services.
• Providing support and coaching to Technical Apprentice / Placement Students
• Deputizing for the Technical Manager and providing support to the QA Managers.
• Undertaking projects and trials as directed, supporting technical development.
To be considered for this position, the candidate must have;
• The confidence and professionalism to work in this customer and auditor facing role.
• A hands-on approach, fully recognizing and a proactive presence in production areas is a requirement of this role.
• Similar experiences such as a QAM/QA Supervisor/Auditor role within a food manufacturing business
• Lead auditor trained or be of this caliber
• Relevant degree or equivalent
• The ability to work effectively within a team
• Strong IT skills
• The capability to be a influencer/relationship builder – achieving objectives through building effective relationships with others/ other departments
• Confidence/ assertiveness – having the strength of personality to drive others to deliver or challenge standards/ situations
Monday to Friday
Salary Up to £40,000 plus benefits
31 days holiday per year
If you would like to apply for this role then please send me your most recent and up to date CV to Sophie@drnewitt.com or if you would like to discuss this role, the company or the exact location of the this role in more detail then please call Sophie on 0131 226 5060 or 07784676778, Mon - Fri 8.45am till 7.30pm