To Scope, plan and deliver capital projects, working with internal stakeholders and suppliers taking responsibility for the identification, appointment and management of approved contractors.
Our client, a privately owned FMCG with an enviable portfolio of brands with each division being started by an entrepreneur they continue to work with drive and passion throughout the organisation. Our client have an immediate requirement for a Project Engineer to join their team for a period of 6 months.
In this role the successful project engineer will support the senior leadership team to scope, plan and deliver capital projects.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Be responsible for the identification, appointment and management of approved contractors
- Manage the tender process and assist in the preparation of tender documents
- Familiar with the Construction Design and Management Regulations, capable of delivering projects according to those regulations
- Visit and evaluate potential reference sites as required
- Meet with customers / contractors as required
- Advise on proposals and contracts as required
- Take responsibility for the design phase of the groups projects
- Ensure the correct approval process of new projects is followed
- Prepare project schedules; liaise with customers, contractors and suppliers to ensure projects are delivered to the agreed timetable
- Ensure work is of a high quality, meets relevant codes, best practices and the organisations requirements
- Manage H&S matters; work with clients, consultants and contractors to develop appropriate safety plans & documentation; inspect sites and enforce H&S compliance as necessary
- Ensure projects are delivered cost effectively and to budget
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of successfully delivering £500K + capital projects ideally gained within a food or drinks environment. You will have preferably delivered projects across bulk handling and storage, blending and mixing machines or bottling, labelling or packing and be able to start at short notice.
This is an excellent opportunity for a proven project engineer to take control of our clients project and deliver results quickly.