As this FMCG manufacturer have been experiencing sustained growth, they are in need of a Production Manager to lead a team in delivering efficiency & a continuously high standard of performance from the production team.
This a great opportunity to join a flourishing company that has developed a new role as a result of the growth they are experiencing. As the Production Manager you will be working with the senior management, supporting the achievement of the business goals by managing the production team.
As the Production Manager, you will be a key member of the management team & will be contributing to the business' continued growth through effective team leadership. You will be tasked with organising efficient processes & delivering high quality products to meet the planned schedules & customer specifications. A key objective of this role will be to maximise productivity, profitability & on time delivery.
- Plan and control the production by fully utilising the equipment and producing work by the most economic method, ensuring maximum profitability is achieved & customer requirements are met.
- Ensure that a machine maintenance programme is in place to maximise machine uptime & ensure that a machine log is maintained for all breakdowns and is reported upon weekly.
- Liaise with internal / external Customers acting as the centre of excellence for the full production & dispatch life cycles.
- Produce & run daily production meetings, outlining & risks and solutions for mitigation.
- Control all waste & minimise overtime to ensure maximum departmental profitability versus set budgets.
- Prepare & maintain daily, weekly & monthly processing schedules for a three-shift operation.
- Coach, train & counsel team members to achieve standards & assist individual career development.
- Motivate the team members to ensure high standards of customer relations & to maintain the quality standards.
- Use of OEE, 5S and Lean Methodologies to drive performance & continual improvements throughout operations.
- Ensure all relevant paperwork including weekly reports are accurately completed in a timely manner.Work with Quality, Compliance and HS&E in order to maintain Standards including Quality, Environmental & Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity.
A Production Manager with prior experience managing a team within a FMCG / fast paced manufacturing & production environment & the following:
- The ability to motivate & encourage a team to reach defined KPIs
- Continuous improvement/lean manufacturing understanding
- Health and Safety awareness
- The ability to think clearly & make quick decisions under pressure
- Effective communication of performance feedback & instruction to your team
Circa £40,000 - £45,000 + Benefits