I am currently recruiting for a Technical Manager on behalf of a client who is well established in the food manufacturing industry.
- The purpose of the role is to lead the Technical Team and Operational Team at Site level, developing and delivering against set processes and practices, and helping to ensure that products are manufactured to meet the food safety and quality standards required both by law and by our customers through the verification of standards.
- The role takes responsibility for effective management of the Technical function to ensure that the highest standards of food safety of our products and processes are maintained and improved.
- Nurturing positive relationships with both customers and external agencies and seeking at all times to identify opportunities and deliver solutions for continuous business improvement, the role will drive the Technical function forward and develop the company’s reputation as a centre of excellence.
- Develop and maintain exceptionally strong working relationships with Site Teams, including regular updates to ensure awareness of all Technical issues and encourage two way communication and problem solving.
- Work alongside the Senior Management team and Technical Director to ensure compliance or expansion with national and international standards.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with Retailer Technical teams, establishing a position as a key contact and promoter of Technical excellence for the company.
- Visit retailers off-site, including visits to retailer head offices, building strong relationships with external customers by promoting the business’ values and purpose and quality management capabilities.
- Work closely with the Commercial and Marketing functions to ensure full understanding of customer requirements and to support the development of excellent customer relations.
- Solid experience with technical systems and standards and management within manufacturing.
- Experience of working with Operations and Supply Chain Management, Logistic & Planning, Change Management, Project Management, Strategy development, Quality Assurance, Continuous Improvement (TPM etc.).
- Direct experience of change management at a senior level.
- Strong track record of successful team management.
- Experience of managing key capital projects as part of daily role.
What’s on offer?
- A competitive salary + package
- Working Monday to Friday office hours.
If the above role could be of interest and you would be keen to find out more please call Cassi Henderson on 0131 226 5060 and send your most recent up to date CV over to Cassi@drnewitt.com.