Are you ambitious, driven and eager to progress? Do you have good mechanical and electrical skills? Are you familiar with working in a fast paced FMCG industry?
If so, we are offering an exciting opportunity to work with a leading established food manufacturer, with a reputation for product quality which is second to none and industry leading standards. My client are leaders in supplying award winning products to multiple retailers and manufacturers for over 100 years. Due to expansion, they are looking for a number of Multi-Skilled Shift Engineers to join their growing team. This is a very exciting time to join one of the UK's main food suppliers and progress your career, and be part of an ever-growing and successful business.
As part of the engineering team, your duties would include:
- To carry out planned preventative maintenance (PPM), repairs, responding to breakdowns efficiently, improvement and modification or upgrade of plant, food production and site services.
- Electrical fault finding & modifications of PLCs and Control Panels
- Mechanical repair and fault finding
- Be involved in Continuous Improvements and process improvement work
- Liaising with other Engineers and Factory Leadership to schedule work
- Liaising with contractors when necessary
- Purchasing essential spares and equipment at the best possible price
- Actively take part in machine trials, continuous improvement and other development work
- Ensure that engineering standards are maintained/improved and that the engineering work areas are maintained to acceptable standards
- Ensuring all equipment is maintained at a safe level of operation according to current regulations
As an ideal candidate you should have recognised engineering accreditation, mechanical and electrical. Ideally you will be electrically bias and have good mechanical skills and experience, with good communication and a good can-do attitude, and able to operate on your own initiative, along with the following:-
- Apprenticeship served engineer with a formal electrical qualification. A minimum qualification in Mechanical or electrical engineering is required
- Experience ideally in the food/FMCG industry
- Both strong electrical and mechanical fault finding and repair skills
- Excellent problem solving and fault diagnosis skills
- Driven and able to work both on your own initiative as well as within a team
- Basic understanding of Food Production Principals and Practices
- Ambitious and looking to progress
For more information, please click 'Apply' or contact Laura Keane at The Sterling Choice on 01733 391515.