Thistle Seafoods is one of the largest family owned manufacturers of quality seafood products in Europe and we are looking for a Hygiene Manager to join our dynamic team.
Reporting to the Factory Manager you will be responsible for managing a team whose main focus is to maintain and improve the hygiene standards within the factory. Main responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the production area and all peripheral areas of the factory are cleaned to an exceptionally high standard.
- Educating the team regarding cleaning procedures and standards including Free From standards.
- Managing the team, and ensuring tasks are delegated equally, and to cleaners with the appropriate skill set. Providing clear and detailed instructions and guidance.
- Identifying any skill shortages and carrying out training as and when required. This includes ensuring all members of the team are training to a Free From cleaning standard.
- Ensuring all documentation and forms are completed and maintained including Cleaning Instruction Cards (CIC's).
- Participating in hygiene and gluten free audits as and when required.
This role is suited to an experienced Hygiene Manager or a Hygiene Supervisor ready to take the next step in their career. Candidates must be familiar with working within a compliance and standards driven environment, and have experience managing a hygiene team within a food manufacturing environment. They must also have an Understanding of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations, knowledge of recent hygiene legislation and an awareness of Health and Safety legislation and regulations.