Our client is looking for an experienced Operations Manager to lead a rapidly expanding team. This role is the perfect platform for you to showcase your business experience in a challenging yet rewarding position. Our client is looking for someone that will drive standardisation across a multi shift pattern, and be pivotal in day-to-day and project improvements for safety, quality, performance and culture.
As the focal point for all prepared site activities, the Operations Manager’s role is to inspire and coach staff at all levels with a focus on delivering continuous improvement within production areas. The Operations Manager will show dedication to set and maintain standards whilst raising performance expectations across the site.
As a senior member of the Operations team, responsibilities include:
- Implementation of the site Health and Safety policy, working with the Company Health and Safety advisors to ensure staff awareness of all health and safety initiatives and embed a safety first culture
- Management and communication across all areas of the packing process from raw material receipt through to finished product dispatch, setting challenging goals and targets for self and team
- Ensure adherence to the quality management system. Meeting customer requirements and internal standards whilst driving line performance and working to eliminate all forms of waste
- Implement and manage change to drive continual improvement through the processes, utilising department resources available to the fullest. People are a big part of the company and your input to their development offering coaching, training and support is a key part of your role and one that will measure success in the future.
- All aspects of operations and general site standards, ensuring quality considerations are paramount.
Must have skills and experience needed:
- Excellent communication skills with a ‘positive’ approach to problem solving
- Ability to build and develop effective teams, displaying a ‘can-do’ attitude using initiative to act on opportunities the role will provide
- Ability to motivate, innovate and anticipate.
- Food safety qualifications
- Experience with HACCP
- Health and safety qualifications such as IOSH/Nebosh
Desirable skills/experience required for the role includes:
- Fresh produce or chilled food manufacturing environment experience
- A passion for working with people.
- Established nearly 50 years ago, a leading fresh produce manufacturer supplying a range of fresh and prepared foods.
- Customers include major retailers, wholesale and food service businesses
- Committed to driving continuous improvement and cost efficiency
- Green energy policy includes using their own water supply, solar panels and food waste anaerobic system.
- Recent large investment plan to renew the factory and process equipment.
If you are a strong people manager who is interested in working for a successful, Fresh Produce company with excellent green credentials then please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4186 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.