Senior NPD Manager
At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world's favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak® and Tickler® - names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world. We are 4,000 UK and 19,000 global employees at the heart of it. Every single one of us plays an important role and together we build on our 10bn Euros turnover and establish our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
If you are looking for a key position with major impact on Arla Foods' successful global growth journey, this position is just that. As Senior Manager of MYPC NPD UK you will manage and drive the total NPD portfolio for MYPC based on category priorities and strategies, sitting within the global MYPC NPD team.
Strong leader with experience in technical product development knowledge and strong commercial acumen.
With an in-depth understanding of the dairy landscape, you will anticipate consumers' current and future needs and operate with agility to create value for consumers. Your strong commercial mindset will help you make decisions that drive maximum value for all key stakeholders.
As Senior Manager of Innovation you will be situated in Leeds, UK, managing the UK team and having close collaboration with the global MYPC NPD team.
- Here you will ensure strong individual & team leadership capabilities towards creating high performance teams.
- Execute against the NPD pipeline as well as creating proactive insights to support feeding the pipeline with your resource prioritization against strategic impact to 2020.
- Lead the global NPD MYPC adherence against the global Health Strategy and lead local interpretation for the UK product pillar.
- Promote ONE global team by developing continuous improvements via fueling cross country collaboration.
- Promote ONE Arla by fostering cross functional business relationships towards greater innovation impact as the interface for NPD.
- Foster ONE way of working via the business Innovation process (Spring) and continuous improvements via cross functional ways of working projects.
Strong team & project leadership experience, naturally setting direction and coaching people to perform at their best. Excellent communication skills and ability to succeed in a global organization with many stakeholders. You are used to driving innovation development and commercialization and are experienced within best practice adoption and creation. Minimum ten years' experience within FMCG product development/innovation remit & minimum 5 years management experience.
- Technical competence in working experience with science related degree as background.
- Strong commercial acumen and demonstrate business knowledge enough to set directions and lead innovation discussions with leaders in the organization.
- Proven ability to influence people within a cross-functional, international organization coupled with presence, assertiveness and strength of personality.
The position is offered on a 2 year fixed term contract.