Our client, one of the top food processing businesses in UK are seeking a Hygiene Manager
The Hygiene Manager is responsible for managing a team whose main focus is to maintain and improve the hygiene standards within the factory.
- Ensuring the production area and all peripheral areas of the factory are cleaned to an exceptionally high standard.
- Educating the team regarding cleaning procedures and standards.
- Ensuring the team pays close attention to detail when breaking down, cleaning and reassembling machines. This includes putting all the protective covers on the machines and bagging all sockets and screens prior to cleaning, to prevent water ingress.
- Ensuring the production lines are rebuilt as per the production plan.
- Managing the team and ensuring tasks are delegated equally and to cleaners with the appropriate skill set. Providing clear and detailed instructions and guidance.
- Identifying any skill shortages and carrying out training as and when required. This includes ensuring all members of the team are training to a gluten free standard.
- Ensuring all documentation and forms are completed and maintained including Cleaning Instruction Cards (CIC's).
- Participating in hygiene and gluten free audits as and when required.
- Maintaining stock levels to ensure there is adequate cleaning materials and chemicals but balancing this with the need to maintain minimum stock value and control expenditure.
- Work to Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards, and where possible exceed requirements.
- Experience of working within a compliance and standards driven environment – British Retail Consortium (BRC), ISO14001 Environmental Management.
- Understanding of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations.
- Knowledge of recent hygiene legislation.
- Awareness of Health and Safety legislation and regulations.
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
- Food Safety Certificate.
- Experience working within a Hygiene Department in the food industry.
- Strong planning and organisational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail.
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be flexible to meet business needs.
- A passion for delivering results and the drive to exceed expectations.
- A team player.
- Self-motivated and a strong commitment to personal development.
What's on offer?
- £30,000 - £40,000 (negotiable depending on experience)
- Six weeks annual leave. This includes statutory holidays.
- Other benefits available after a successful six month probationary period.
- Hours of work will be from 10.00pm to 6.00am Monday to Friday. Some occasional weekend work might be required.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Simon Norris.