Technical Manager (with the best views in the country)
Based: Isle of Mull, Scotland
An independent food manufacturer, who supply some of the most recognisable and prestigious customers are looking for a dynamic Site Technical Manager to join them; this is a key role within in the business as you will be responsible for site quality and compliance and driving the site quality agenda during an exciting phase of expansion.
- Ensure delivery and compliance of QMS across the site to maintain gold standards
- Ensure all non-conformances whether they be site, from audits, customer or microbiological are being dealt within given time frames
- Ensure site is food safety & legislation compliant
- Management of QA team to ensure they are working effectively with production (through QA Manager)
- Lead site audits whether they be BRC, local authority or customer audits
- Work closely with production & NPD, building key relationships across the site.
- Monitor quality of materials & finished products
- Manage HACCP and team
- Ensure any relevant training is provided to new and existing staff
- Mentor and motivate a dedicated technical team, and ensure set KPI`s are exceeded.
You should have a strong food manufacturing background; experience with multi component manufacturing would be an advantage. Experience with M&S is advantageous.
You will need strong BRC and HACCP knowledge and have hosted site audits for BRC and customers which include retailers, strong knowledge of food safety, food legislation and you will have effectively managed teams.
You will also have participated or lead in change management and driven performances, working examples of these achievements will be required in the screening process. A proven track record of achieving and maintaining retail and food service customer relationships is essential.
Please feel free to contact me at the office to discuss this role in more detail on 0161 8327463 or drop me an email to email@example.com. please quote reference PC/JR