Technical Customer & Supplier Liaison
D R Newitt has been assigned to recruit a Technical Customer & Supplier Liaison on behalf of a specialist food import and distribution company based in London. This is a full-time, permanent position and a great chance for a quality assurance or technical professional to join a small, flexible team that supplies a varied and exciting product portfolio to the UK Food Services market.
Reporting into the Quality Assurance Manager you will be responsible for all technical aspects relating to key customers, approval and technical management of suppliers and any quality projects arising on a day-to-day basis as well as maintaining Food Safety & Quality Management systems and providing food safety and quality training to colleagues.
This is an office based role in which you will need to be hands on & prepared to travel, often at short notice. Other duties will include:
• Establishing & maintaining customer facing relationships at all levels including suppliers and external contacts to ensure all quality and supply issues are quickly resolved.
• Maintaining and implementing Quality Management systems to the highest standards, ensuring total compliance with legal, customer and ISO/GMP+/Organic technical requirements.
• Monitoring document controls and updates, ensuring all specifications and technical data systems are completed regularly, accurately and in line with customer expectations and quality criteria.
• Managing supplier approvals, conducting supplier audits and monitoring supplier performance.
• Maintain best practice standards and provide technical/QA support service
• Support the QA Manager in their day to day duties
The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate:
• Experience (minimum 5 years) in the UK Food Industry in a technical role
• Degree qualified
• Experience of maintaining relationships with all levels of customers and suppliers
• Comfortable communicator with internal/external stakeholders
• A working knowledge of Quality & Food Safety standards
• Experience of applying HACCP & Auditing principles
This role is Monday to Friday (office hours) and requires some travel. On offer is a starting salary of £30,000 per annum (Negotiable & DOE).
Please contact Josh at D R Newitt on 0131 226 5060 or email an updated copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.