Location: Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, Ipswich, Thetford, Cambridge, Norwich, Norfolk East Anglia
Salary: up to £31k
I am on a look out for a Materials Scheduler for a site that produces world renowned brands. It's a great opportunity to develop your career with this progressive and highly acclaimed business. There are two positions available!
- Maintain continuity of supplies of raw materials, packaging and pallets to meet the needs of the manufacturing units, for an agreed portfolio of materials.
- Ensures that inventory levels are controlled and write-offs minimised.
- Communicates potential supply issues to relevant stakeholders (planners, production, Warehouse) in a timely manner.
- To ensure stock value of RM/PM does not exceed agreed values.Manages working capital.
- Continually monitors BBE dates of raw materials and takes pro-active action to reduce the risk of write off cost.
- Manages supplier performance.
- To minimise the need to utilise external storage units and control cost within budget.
- Ensure that new items are set up correctly, for the parameters which scheduling teams control.
- Analyse planned POs generated by the AX system, and confirm (or modify). Check that the supplier has confirmed the order.
- Progress orders, lease with suppliers to guarantee availability of materials OTIFAQ.
- Monitor deliveries; if packaging, Bulk liquid, book in the actual intended delivery time.
- Monitor/manage on site storage area capacities to ensure they are not exceeded and health and safety is not compromised.
- Manages out of spec material returns and supplier handling units.
- Run AX control reports, and resolve issues arising
- Generate forecasts for suppliers, and answer questions about it.
- Manually generates any POs outside AX scope i.e. just in time materials.
- React to any issues with inbound supply identified, and resolve or escalate as appropriate.
- Stock status. Identify material at risk and material that has exceeded BBE date; pro-actively manage to reduce risk of write off.
- Knowledge with Material Requirements Planning (MRP) System is essential
- Experience within a FMCG environment in a similar role
- Analytical skills strong enough to deal with complex and rapidly changing supply chain.
- Able to communicate effectively with range or people, both internal and external.
- Calm under pressure
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send a copy of your CV to Roberta.Rad@silven.co.uk quoting ref 2965 or call me on 01618327463 for a confidential discussion.