We are currently looking for an experienced Engineering Planner to join a well established FMCG business in the heart of the Midlands.
Purpose of Job
• The role will be organise, plan and prepare detail individual engineering tasks, in order that they can be executed by others in a safe, efficient and timely manner
• You will also be responsible for monitoring, analysing and improving the effectiveness of completed engineering tasks in terms of time / cost, plant performance, compliance to plans and data integrity
• To determine and provide the correct maintenance strategy for the site equipment utilising preventative and proactive maintenance against reliability and cost objectives.
• Produces regular maintenance plans for the shift engineers, including review and development of planned maintenance tasks.
• Attends Daily and Weekly Production/Planning Meetings to ensure all issues are captured and that corrective actions are in place.
• Provides the broader engineering team with detailed compliance reports including analysis of cost and performance.
• Produces work backlog analysis and make suggestions for effective management.
• Utilises CI/Lean manufacturing tools and techniques to improve plant and departmental performance
Knowledge & Experience Required
• Strong engineering background essential - probably through apprenticeship and day release training to HND level or equivalent
• Experience within a FMCG / food manufacturing company / Tier 1 automotive supplier would be desirable
• Have excellent analytical, planning & organising skills.
• High degree of computer literacy
• Demonstrates strong analytical and planning skills.
• Demonstrable decision making skills
• Must have good communication skills.
• Condition monitoring and preventative maintenance techniques are desirable.
• Awareness and understanding of key legislative and safety requirements within engineering field
• Experienced in the use and application of CI/Lean tools and techniques.
• Engineering Planning