3 days left
- Contract Type
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With over 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
In 2015, Cargill acquired one of the world’s biggest feed producers, EWOS. Now, as part of one consolidated business, Cargill Aqua Nutrition is present in 6 countries, including the headquarters in Bergen, Norway. This role will be based in Westfield, Scotland.
The main purpose of this role is to assist with the operation of the plant, safely and efficiently, according to the standard operating procedures, and as directed by members of the Production Management team.
- Operate plant equipment including; extruders, driers, vacuum coating & cooling systems and product sieves
- Site health & safety and safe operations
- Risk assessments
- Food safety and HACCP systems
- In-process quality control checks
- Maintaining all ISO and related systems, logs and required records
- Make appropriate adjustments to the process to correct any quality parameters that are outside of specification
- Fault identification and maintenance service requests
- Cleaning and improving plant housekeeping and plant inspections
- Operating forklift trucks
- Coordinate with your own and other site teams regarding production including hand- over between shifts
- Production paperwork and data input including logging test results and production duties
- GCSE’s, A-C or equivalent in English, Science and Maths
- Forklift license- Preferred although training will be given
- High safety awareness for self and other employees and knowledge of Health and Safety in the workplace
- Able to work as part of a team and communicate well with other shift teams and all levels of managemen
- Demonstrate initiative / diligence
- IT literate, including Excel, Word
- Recognised qualification in food or feed safety- preferred
- Recognized qualification in working safely- preferred
- Process Operations/Manufacturing Qualification- preferred
- Experience working in a fast manufacturing environment- preferred
- Experience in centrally controlled process operations using computer based control equipment- preferred
- Experience of operating plant machinery- preferred
- Knowledge of Food Safety Standards, preferably including HACCP systems
- Knowledge of Environmental controls
- Inspecting and testing
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the world’s leading companies.