Head of Technical
3 days left
- Contract Type
This continually growing chilled manufacturer are leading the way in their competitive category, supplying innovative products to the major UK retailers. With their passion for delivering industry performance, they are now seeking a Head of Technical to drive their high standards.
In this influential management role you’ll be responsible for driving the Technical strategy, ensuring the company’s entire product range is produced to impeccable levels of quality.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be accountable for:
· Taking overall responsibility for the technical function, managing a large team and ensuring that all products are produced in line with quality, safety and legislation requirements as well as customer expectations.
· Taking the technical lead in developing and fully implementing Quality Management Systems whilst driving processes, implementing control points and utilising KPI information to encourage and enhance team performance.
· Overseeing customer and supplier audits, ensuring all products are manufactured in line with GMP codes of practice as well as BRC and regulatory requirements whilst taking budgetary accountability for all technical activity.
· Working cross functionally with internal teams including NPD and Purchasing to ensure new product ranges and launches adhere to government legislation as well as HACCP, due diligence guidelines and costs.
· Leading Technical and Quality teams throughout the company, identifying and implementing training and development programmes to influence positive change and drive the technical strategy whilst developing your teams to be the best in the business.
Suit an exceptional Technical Manager with well-rounded experience gained within the food manufacturing industry. You’ll have a strong knowledge of product development processes and food industry operations, from driving technical standards to new product launches. It is essential that you have experience of managing and implementing HACCP and BRC standards with a successful track record of driving GMP and achieving excellence. You’ll also need have demonstrated effective team management abilities, enjoy being hands-on when needed, using fantastic interpersonal and leadership skills to drive continuous improvement initiatives. Good organisation and project management are a must in order to succeed in this role as well as first-rate communication skills as you’ll liaising with and influencing customers and colleagues at all business levels.
If you are passionate about food and food safety and are ready to lead this dedicated team to further success then apply now or call 0345 2600 737 to find out more.
Please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.
Apply for Head of Technical
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly