Technical Services Manager (Retail Own Label and Branded Food Business)
A multimillion turnover business that are part of a larger group, our client deals with over 150 suppliers across 40 countries every day and produces a range of premium products supplied to the UK and European retail markets and foodservice trade.
Within this dynamic organisation, a fantastic opportunity has emerged for an astute, results orientated and retail customer focused technical professional who will enjoy a broad technical remit working with household brands and a delicious array of own label food products. Managing a team of three and reporting into the site technical manager, the role will have communication links into the wider group technical function and will be responsible for the effective delivery of key customer technical activities to provide effective and proactive technical account management. This will involve building strong relationships with customers and internal stakeholders and provide professional guidance to help raise quality control and quality assurance standards.
- Degree level qualification in food technology or other food related subject.
- Excellent working knowledge of key customer Codes of Practice & Policy to ensure business’s compliance and alignment within the Food Safety and Quality Management Systems.
- Must be a team player with strong communication skills and able to work proactively on own initiative.
- Detailed understanding of technologies and manufacturing processes respective to the products in question.
- Comprehension of UK/EC legislative constraints on the business
- Project Management / planning skills essential.
- Good knowledge of Retailer Systems.
- Primary liaison role between site, group Technical, Technical – Customer team and external customers including major multiples, CFI and Industrial.
- Interface with multiple on site and head office functions involved in customer project management – including Technical, NPD, Packaging, Sales, Operations, Logistics, and Marketing.
- Representing the Company across customer accounts on food business related matters.
- Support the site Technical Manager in ensuring compliance of Princes manufacturing operations and systems with Customer Codes of Practice & Policy.
- Completion of gap analyses against key customer policies in preparation of audits and to help drive the continuous improvement agenda across the site.
- To build strong professional working relationships proactively with key customer representatives, ensuring their specific technical business requirements are satisfied.
- To work closely with the group technical team at head office and communicate effectively key customer information / issues to the business.
- To effectively communicate all customer-related issues to the site Technical Manager and wider business as required.
- Maintain customer systems as appropriate including audit close-out, KPI reports, complaints, incident alerts and policy updates.
- Review and analysis of consumer complaints by customer to ensure appropriate root-cause analysis and action plans are in place to help deliver site and customer KPIs.
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable to email@example.com.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.