Packaging Development Manager - High Wycombe
1 day left
- Contract Type
Hovis are looking for a Packaging Development Manager based at our Head office in High Wycombe to work across all areas and sites in our business.
This is a key role liaising between many key functions within the business, including Marketing, Product Development, Procurement and Manufacturing.
As Packaging Development Manager you will be responsible for driving the agenda on packaging innovation and step changing quality that will delight customers, consumers and improve our operational efficiency which helps to deliver against our strategic imperatives.
You will be a strong leader and will drive the business to ensure that your key projects are delivered on time, on budget and achieving a quality result, influencing the necessary functions along the way.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a direct packaging technology role in a Food/Beverage or Pharmaceutical environment, with direct involvement of product launches across a wide range of materials and substrates e.g. rigid plastic, flexibles, corrugated and carton board.
- Operational environment experience
- Experience of managing packaging projects, from concept through to implementation.
- Technically competent across a wide variety of materials, substrates and packaging processes
- Demonstrable experience with developing a new pack format with external suppliers
- Able to solve complex problems using root cause analysis tools.
- Competent in the use of statistical process control techniques, to quantify the variation in packaging performance and quality attributes.
- Science based degree in Packaging, Engineering, or Materials Science would be an advantage.
- Institute of Packaging Diploma would be an advantage.
- Computer aided design (CAD) skills would be an advantage.
- Structural design skills would be an advantage
- Able to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships and influence others
- Commonsense and proactive approach
- Thrives under pressure
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK