Head of Engineering / Chief Engineer
Our client is a highly regarded FMCG manufacturing business and a leader in their market. They operate a significant site with best in class facilities in Central Scotland, employing a sizeable workforce.
They are seeking to appoint an experienced Head of Engineering to their site management team. We are looking for an individual with a strong leadership skill set, capable of developing the people and processes within the Engineering function and driving world class standards.
Short term goals will include: development and delivery of a clear and well communicated engineering strategy; ensuring that key accountabilities are defined and delivered, driving a high performance culture through an engaged and motivated workforce.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Lead a step change in improvement of asset availability and reduction of the cost base.
- Provide expert assistance to production leaders on site and develop interfaces between other sites to share best practice and improve overall business efficiencies.
- Recommendation and implement appropriate business process that will maintain and improve the production and processing capabilities of the site.
- In line with Site strategy and company goals, set long term master plans for the function, ensure regular review of delivery against milestones.
- Drive quality to the top of every agenda, delivering an outstanding right first time approach.
Candidates should be experienced engineering leaders with a high calibre and dynamic production background, including a number of years spent running operations with a similar level of complexity and scale.
You will be a hands on individual with excellent technical knowledge and well developed leadership skills, capable of motivating a large team and managing stakeholder relationships at all levels of an organization.
Key experience and skills should include:
- Demonstrable experience of developing strategy and delivering results within 3 year horizons
- Commercially astute, able to maintain and drive the business against targets and forecasts, understanding the needs of the internal and external customer.
- Evidence of implementing transformational change and improving performance.
- Understanding of complex cost management and planning as well as strategy and delivery.
- Ability to challenge the views of others in a constructive and convincing manner.
Personal values and attitude:
- Disciplined with strong organisation, administration and project management skills.
- Personality capable of driving change, providing fresh thinking and an alternative perspective
- High level of communication skills, able to operate successfully across an organisation at all levels
- Capable of working in a fast paced organisation and of coping with the complexity involved in this site, thriving on the challenge that brings to your role
Working in a dynamic and challenging environment, this role will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to make their mark on a high profile, high growth business.
Interested candidates should apply online or contact Maria-Luisa Twomey at the New Town Partnership on 0131 210 0020 for a confidential conversation.