NPD Technician / Development NPD Assistant
NPD Technician, Ikleford, Hitchin, Hertfordshire Bedfordshire
We are recruiting for an NPD Development Technician on behalf of a leading food manufacturer based in the near the Stevenage, Hertfordshire / Bedfordshire area.
Reporting to the Development Project Manager the Development Technician is responsible for assisting the product development work to meet customer brief requirements, from development of new concepts to support factory files.
This role would be suitable for graduates, or candidates looking to build on their development experience.
- Undertake product development work as briefed by development technologists.
- Report to Development Technologists on progress made and /or problems encountered and suggest solutions.
- Support the Technologists by assisting in the development of new concepts and systems to meet their customer brief requirements.
- To cook up product for both internal and external presentations and tastings.
- Maintain close working relationships with Development Technologists, Development Chef, Home Economist and other technicians.
- Support Project Managers, Senior Development Technologists, Development Technologists and Development Chef with both internal pilot line trials and external factory trials at customer sites.
- Have the ability to reliably follow technical details accurately.
- Have good culinary skills to undertake development work confidently.
- Have basic ingredient and process knowledge
- Develop good understanding and application of development recipe system.
- Show understanding and awareness of project importance and time scales.
- To liaise with suppliers and order ingredients when needed for development purposes.
- Regularly review training requirements in order to remain technically current and competent.
- To provide support to the development team and cover for other Technicians and Home Economists on an ad hoc basis.
- Interest in culinary food development
- Desire to be involved in all parts of the team
- Able to demonstrate ability to build effective working relationships
- Experience of dealing with face to face communication
- Food related work experience
- Current, valid driving licence
- Exhibit strong team working skills
- Able to work with all flours and flavourings using appropriate PPE
Hours of Work: Monday - Thursday (8.30am-5.00pm) Friday (8.30am-4.30pm)
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to the following: NPD Technologist, New Product Development Technologist, New Process Development Technologist, Specifications Technologist, NPD Manager, QA Technologist, NPD Assistant, NPD Graduate, NPD Adminstrator, QA, QC, Quality Technician, Technical Assistant, Food Technologist, Coordinator, Controller, FMCG, Stevenage, Letchworth, Ickleford, Hertfordshire, Hitchin, Bedford, Luton