Hygiene Shift Manager
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With over 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Job location: Hereford
Cargill’s European poultry business is a leading supplier of food products to retail, foods service and food manufacturing customers in both European and global markets. By combining global market knowledge and experience with local market understanding and insight, Cargill’s European poultry business is committed to expanding its business and markets through innovation, and by creating real customer and consumer value in its products and services.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the co-ordination of operational activities of the hygiene department, as well as the supervision, motivation and development of their team. You will challenge the effective utilisation of resources to ensure hygiene standards are maintained to meet company and customer quality specifications. The position holder will deputize when required in the absence of the Hygiene Manager.
- To ensure employee and product safety at all time by ensuring; full training is given, adherence to Cargill and UK safety standards. Complete health and safety documentation for the shift.
- To co-ordinate -via Team Leaders- all Hygiene Shift personal, to ensure hygiene is completed to schedule, whilst maintaining a safe, efficient and cost effective operation
- To maximise continuous improvement opportunities in all areas, through the review of operations and implementing improvements
- Motivate and encourage a team by developing team work and supporting effective communications
- To work with HR to select and develop colleagues
- Accepting personal accountability for health and safety, training and development, resolution of first level employee relation issues and concerns
- Setting targets, ensuring these are measured and monitored and to capture Key Performance Indications using SAP, minimising waste
- Budgetary control of the shift, reducing spend where possible and drive cost saving ideas
- Work with other departments in a team approach to provide an effective and efficient service to the Factory Manager and departments
- Degree or HND qualified, preferably in a food related subject would be advantageous
- Food Hygiene certification desirable
- Proven manufacturing experience within a FMCG industry, with experience in food processing preferred
- Demonstrated experience in management in a production environment
- Self-driven with the ability to encourage and motivate others
- Formal qualifications in management advantageous but not essential
- Intermediate IT skills and SAP experience
- Ability to interpret and analyse data to give meaningful reports and actions
- Proven communication skills and team building ability
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating l environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter today.