Industrial Placement Student 2018-19
Industrial Placement Student 2018-19
£18,000 per annum plus benefits
Location: Placements available in either Liverpool, Manchester, Hereford, Wolverhampton or York
Start date: Summer 2018
Are you looking for an industrial placement at the end of your second year and are you studying an Engineering degree? If so Cargill can offer you a superb opportunity to gain valuable work experience on our one-year undergraduate programme.
During your 12 month placement with Cargill you will spend your time in one of Processing Facilities in either Liverpool Manchester, York, Wolverhampton or Hereford. You will be expected to manage small projects from initial design to completion. This will involve justification of projects, design, liaising with contractors to obtain the best possible solution, installation and finally commissioning. This could be anything from modification of pipe work to implementing changes in the process. The Industrial Placement programme also gives candidates the potential to be offered a graduate role once you have completed your studies.
• Comprehensive induction to Cargill including full safety training
• Spend some time working on-shift to learn our process
• Play an active part in running our process and supporting our business
• Learn soft skills that will be transferable in your future career
• Gain an excellent working knowledge of unit operations learnt at university with hands on practical experience.
• Develop the ability to work with a variety of different areas of our operations i.e. operators, supervisors and accountants
• Work on a variety of projects which will help to develop responsibility for a future career
• You will have the opportunity to be involved in citizenship activities within our local communities
• Expected grade 2:2 or above
• Preferred Subjects: Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemical & Process Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Automation & Control Engineering, ElectroMechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing Systems Engineering, Automotive Engineering or Integrated Engineering
• We are looking for individuals who have the ability to take on responsibility from the start and want to gain hands on experience.
• You must be curious and passionate to learn
• Possess strong communications skills and the ability to interact successfully with a wide range of people across all areas of our operations e.g. Production operators, Finance, Environmental Health & Safety etc
• Good technical understanding of a process environment
• A strong interest in our business, our industry and in particular the position you have applied for
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest companies in the world.
The next stage of our process for shortlisted candidates is a video screening to assess and rate your responses to a series of online questions. If you are successful at the video screening stage then you will be invited to participate in an assessment centre at one of our facilities in the North West. The assessment runs for a full day and consists of a range of activities where you get to show us more about yourself and how you work both individually and in a small group.
We will give due consideration if you have a preferred location and we will meet your requests where possible but we do expect candidates to be flexible in their location and to be prepared to be placed out of any of the plants where we have placement opportunities.
More searches like this
- Engineering Food Manufacturing jobs in West Midlands Region
- Environmental Food Manufacturing jobs in West Midlands Region
- Graduate Food Manufacturing jobs in West Midlands Region
- Health & Safety Food Manufacturing jobs in West Midlands Region
- Other Job Function Food Manufacturing jobs in West Midlands Region