Technical Services Manager
Technical Services Manager, Norfolk - £42,000
I am currently recruiting a Food Technologist for a successful food manufacturer, based in Norfolk. To ensure that manufacturing sites and products comply with legislation and retailer requirements.
As a Food Technologist you will report to the Head of Technical, with key responsibilities to include:
• The completion and / or amendment of customer specifications and quality attribute standards across various retailer systems using recipe, raw material data and quality standards supplied by producer.
• Reviewing submission forms against the relevant customer policies. Highlighting any non-conformances against retailer banned ingredients and nutritional targets.
• Reviewing copy artwork as 1st or 2nd signatory, in line with current customer technical and labelling policies. Also to include all regulatory changes that will impact on the accuracy of the pack information and labelling.
• Preparation, attendance and follow up of customer 1st production runs including subsequent product release panels.
• Preparation, attendance and follow up of customer audits including timely close out of agreed non-conformances with the site on the retailer web portal. Ensuring any derogations are raised with the Head of Technical.
• Signing off of invoices relating to customer complaints ensuring complaints are refuted where possible.
• Signing off of invoices relating to micro and nutritional testing. Reviewing costs to ensure best value for money is achieved.
• Completion and communication of retailer KPI reports in line with customer schedule.
• Ensuring all customer system alerts are actioned and responded to within specified deadline.
• The review of internal defrosts validations in line with retailer’s policy.
To be considered for this position the candidate must have:
• Experience of food manufacturing processes and techniques
• Previous experience writing specifications for the UK multiple retailers
• HACCP Level 3 & Food Hygiene Level 4
• Customer facing experience
• Good computer literacy and experience in using retailer web based specification systems
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Salary £30,000 - £40,000 plus benefits
If you would like to apply for this role then please send me your most recent and up to date CV to Sophie@drnewitt.com or if you would like to discuss this role, the company or the exact location of the this role in more detail then please call Sophie on 0131 226 5060 or 07784676778, Mon - Fri 8.45am till 7.30pm