You have the chance to join a growing company that are committed to advancing their TPM journey. As the Maintenance Engineer at their Sufflok based facility, you will be given the opportunity to really impact this site & help them improve.
This leading specialist manufacturer based in the Suffolk region, develop an array of products & are looking to do so in the most effective & efficient way. As the Maintenance Engineer you will be instrumental in driving best practice through improving their manufacturing processes.
This is a day based role for someone with a mechanical bias but electrical capability to join an established maintenance team to support minimising plant down time and improving site efficiency. As the Maintenance Engineer you will be providing comprehensive, multi-skilled engineering support across the whole operation.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Mechanical maintenance/installation of site processes & services.
- Maintain and troubleshoot a variety of electro/mechanical production equipment and site services systems and equipment according to team and individual plans
- Analyse, develop and implement cost effective solutions to improve machine efficiency, reliability and performance.
- Co-ordinate and deliver Planned Maintenance offering flexibility as required by the needs of the business.
- Ensure EHS, GMP and process / validation compliance via risk assessment, PUWER, LOTO and manual handing adherence.
- A level of electrical work to support mechanical maintenance.
- Assist in maintaining and improving the planned maintenance system.
- Liaise with contractors, engineering specialists, machine manufacturers and parts/spares suppliers.
The successful applicant will be a Maintenance Engineer with experience within a FMCG manufacturing setting & the following:
- A recognised engineering apprenticeship, ideally with an ONC in an appropriate discipline e.g. electrical, electronic, mechanical.
- Ideally experience of working within a food processing, packaging or pharmaceutical environment.
- Experience of production and site services equipment.
- Ideally working knowledge of electrical / electronic / plc fault finding.
- Experience of electrical installation, 17th edition regs & inspection and testing would be advantageous.
- The ability to work on your own & as part of a team.
Circa £28,000 - £32,000 + Benefits