QA Operative / Quality Assurance
Quality Operator / QA Operative (Fixed Term Contract), Kettering
The Company is the European pioneer and market leader in drinks and food products based on soya, and has extended its range with plant-based ice cream as well as drinks made of almonds, hazelnuts, cashew, rice, oats and coconut.
The Company have more than 1200 employees in Europe and has three production facilities in Belgium, France and the United Kingdom. They market their products in the whole of Europe and will grow the category further beyond current territories. The Company realized a turnover of 555 million EUR in 2016 and continues its strong growth.
The Company creates opportunities for your personal and professional growth through training and learning, mobility programs, new positions and geographies. You will be part of a diverse network of talents with whom you might be able to share your experience and learn from theirs. Joining the group will make you part of one of the leading and most innovative food companies in the world leading the Alimentation Revolution by bringing health through food to as many people as possible.
They currently have an opportunity for a Quality Operator (Fixed Term Contract) within their Quality department. The Role is to work a minimum of 6 months, but potentially more.
- The Quality Operator will sample and control blocked products, in combination with correct treatment of the status of these products.
- Organisation incoming and outgoing pallets to/from quarantine zone in SAP
- Perform analyses on extra samples (operator level):
- Packaging and weight control
- Reporting of results: via blocking forms in SAP and orally.
- After decision on destination of blocked products by local Q manager, apply the right status onto the pallets and, if necessary, remove scrapped product.
- Collect necessary information via SAP and documents.
- Take responsibility for the general order and cleanliness of the working areas.
- Participate in tasting panels as a preferably calibrated taster.
- Deliver blocked products in function of workload after consultation with Local Q manager and Lab Team Leader.
- Stocking new samples / remove expired products / take samples for extra inquiry, complaints.
- Opening sterility tests by means of pH-controls or, if necessary, plating of the product.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A levels or equivalent through experience.
- Reach truck driving license, but can be obtained after internal course, preferably before effective start of the job.
- Experience as quality controller (line inspection, …) ideally from the food industry.
- Ability to work autonomously; be strong in personal organisation of workload
- Work precisely and accurately, sense of responsibility, be aware of possible consequences of own acts (not notice deviations, …)
- Flexibility in work schedule: day work - shift work.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday position - 08:30-16:30
Salary: £12.25 hr when trained £11.09 hr when training
To Apply: Please press the 'apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to people interested in the following: Quality Controller QA Operative QA Auditor Technical Assistant QC Technician Quality Assurance Operative Manufacturing, Production Operations Warehouse FLT FMCG Food Drinks Manufacturer Interim Contract Temporary Kettering Corby Wellingborough Northamptonshire