A superb opportunity to join an established Food Manufacturer in a fast paced engineering environment.
As Shift Engineer (Multi-skilled, Electrically bias, and Mechanically biased position available) your duties will include:
- Attending breakdowns in a timely manner, diagnosing and repairing faults to minimise downtime
- Carrying out planned maintenance to minimise manufacturing breakdowns and increase operational efficiencies
- Carrying out continuous upgrades of plant and machinery
- Testing and monitoring effectiveness of all equipment
- Keeping records of downtime, machinery faults and repairs
- Working with engineering stores person, suppliers and contractors to optimise material specifications and maintain engineering stocks
The successful applicant must have:
- A relevant Engineering Qualification and/or a completed Engineering apprenticeship
- Experience in a Manufacturing environment
It would be advantageous to have:
- FMCG/food Manufacturing experience
- Understanding of HACCP
Our client manufactures for major retailers throughout the UK and is a market leading company. This role offers the opportunity to gain exposer to a fast paced environment and develop your career.
This is working on a continental shift pattern (days and nights).
If this job is for you please click the apply now button below and we will contact you shortly for a confidential conversation.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That’s why our FMCG consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates. We actively recruit at all levels including junior management positions right up to board level appointments, as well as recruiting across the whole manufacturing process, from product concept to final delivery onto the supermarket shelves. Roles include supply chain, logistics, sales and marketing, technical and engineering, human resourcing, R&D, purchasing, HSE, quality assurance and Lean manufacturing.