Night Maintenance Engineer
Fast growing FMCG manufacturer are looking for a Maintenance Engineer to support the efficient and smooth running of all site processes through planned preventative maintenance, fault identification and innovative, pragmatic solutions, and a focus on continuous improvement.
SME based in the South West have a wide range of quality products within their market.
The Night Shift Maintenance Engineer will need to:
- Respond quickly and efficiently to breakdowns within the plant, ensuring any down time is minimal, and implementing appropriate, cost effective solutions;
- Carry out PPM on all aspects of the site;
- Participate in the expansion of existing, and installation of new, machinery;
- Understand all elements of production and provide cover in a variety of roles as required to ensure the smooth running of the site;
- Identify potential weaknesses in equipment and processes and recommend solutions.
- Apprenticeship served within maintenance engineering in food or drink manufacturing;
- Good workshop skills (Tig welding would be advantageous);
- Competent with pneumatic systems, inverter drives and electrical systems up to 415V;
- Confident in use of all MS Office packages;
- Strong working knowledge of and commitment to workplace health and safety;
- Demonstrable track record in fault finding and problem solving.Desirable
- Competent in 17th edition wiring regulations;
- Experience of PLC's, consistent with basic programming skills, and ability to design simple control systems incorporating PLC units;
Dependant on experience