An Maintenance Engineer who is responsible for the mechanical and electrical maintenance and breakdown repair activities in order to ensure that all equipment in the factory process and packing areas is operating to the required standards in order to meet the demands of the business.
Our client are a busy FMCG Engineering business based in Somerset who are looking for an experienced Shift Maintenance Engineer
The Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for:
- Identify and rectify faults on all equipment.
- Conduct or assist OEMs on repairs and service requirements.
- Carry out preventative maintenance to minimise downtime.
- Identify and solve problems utilising improvement concepts/tools/teams to reduce variability and improve reliability.
- Identify cost reduction/revenue improvement opportunities and implement solutions.
- Develop/evaluate/modify process flow diagrams, procedures and work instructions.
- Interact with outside resources including contractors and equipment vendors.
- Operate equipment within the area and carry out duties associated with its operation.
- Ensure administration procedures are accurately completed.
- Assist with training and development of other employees including operations.
- Carry out cleaning and hygiene duties.
- Use hand trucks or other MHE to manoeuvre heavy items.
Suitable Maintenance Engineer will have:
- Experience within an fast paced manufacturing environment
- Proven track record in maintenance engineering
- Ideally degree qualified
- Food/drink/dairy manufacturing experience would be a bonus
£28,371 basic salary + 35% shift allowance, 3% matched pension