New Product Development Manager
7 days left
- Contract Type
New Product Development Manager
Company: ZERO2FIVE, Food Industry Centre. Cardiff Metropolitan University.
Initially a 2 year contract, with the potential to be extended.
ZERO2FIVE is now looking to recruit a New Product Development Manager with a proven ‘track record’ to join their Technical team in Cardiff. You will lead all new product development and initiate open innovation activities for our industry-facing centre working with the food manufacturing supply chain across all categories from raw material supplier to retailer. This exciting role will require you to work proactively with a global network of clients, colleagues, academics and stakeholders to develop and deliver innovative products for the food and drink sector in Wales, UK and beyond.
The role requires the candidate to be:
- Responsible for the initiation and definition of private and public sector new product development and innovation projects, interfacing with directors and senior managers to define project outcomes.
- Apply ‘best in class’ project research, management and implementation methods as required to effectively complete the bespoke projects.
- Responsible for attending company premises to identify innovation needs, scope the projects and define an action plan for implementation
- Lead on the management and supervision of New Product Development project design and development from concept through to client end product manufacture.
- Manage the New Product Development facilities use in line with academic needs e.g. sensory suite
- Manage and lead New Product Development projects to assure outputs in line with agreed industry requirements, Welsh Government and Cardiff Met policies.
- Responsible for defining and writing knowledge transfer programmes for approval by the Technical Manager for delivery in SME’s
- Responsible for managing and mentoring the New Product Development Technologist and knowledge transfer affiliates in industry to include, probation activities and all HR issues as appropriate in line with Cardiff Metropolitan University Policies and procedures
- Responsible for the continuous development and implementation of the Food Industry Centre’s Operational Quality Management system in relation to New Product Development and Innovation and in line with the University policies and procedures (including Ethic and Risk Assessment as applicable).
- Responsible for the management of the Organoleptic and sensory evaluation of commercial products as required.
- Responsible for the management of all sensory suite, and all non - academic sensory evaluation, activities within the Centre
- Attend and lead meetings, present at conferences and exhibitions as appropriate to promote FIC activity and effectively disseminate
- Responsible for delivering and supporting private and funded technical projects as required
- This post will require the ability and willingness to travel to factory settings throughout Wales and beyond as required
The successful candidate will need to hold:
- A Degree in an appropriate, relevant science discipline (e.g. Food Science or Food Technology) or equivalent.
- Food safety in Manufacturing level 3 or equivalent
- HACCP Level 3 or equivalent
The candidate will need to demonstrate:
- Have working knowledge of new product development systems and processes in five product categories.
- Working knowledge of current global food legislation
- Working knowledge of food ingredients, food chemistry science and functionality within food systems within global companies
- An applied knowledge of microbiological criteria of foodstuffs and product safety characterisation.
- Working knowledge of retail/wholesale sectors innovation and NPD standards and requirements
- Working knowledge of development and implementation of HACCP for NPD.
- Willingness to continually develop own knowledge and skills
- The Development and launch of food and drink products into the market place to include a proven record of accomplishment of successful launches with retail customers.
If you are interested in the role, please apply by completion and submission of an application for via the Cardiff Met website where you will find the full Job description and Person specification:
Apply for New Product Development Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly