Health and Safety Manager
Job Title: Health and Safety Manager
Salary: £40,000 (DOE)
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-4pm (Flexibility is required)
Holidays: 20 days + 8 Bank/Public Holiday
This is an excellent position for candidates wishing to gain further experience using their existing health and safety background, to take the next step in their career. This role will allow the successful applicant to grow into a position that brings responsibility and development.
The successful candidate will provide advice and support to all fresh produce companies within the business and co-ordinate improvement projects for the training and implementation of health and safety systems throughout the business.
The role will cover a variety of duties, including:
- Review and develop all aspects of the health and safety management system in conjunction with the HSE Manager and Director of Health and Safety and Food Safety
- Monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming Health and Safety legislation
- Work proactively with managers and other key staff to establish and maintain a programme of continuous improvement in the management of Health and Safety within their areas of responsibility, which includes conducting regular audits
- Ensure that rigorous risk assessment and accident management systems are in place to enable risk assessment processes to identify hazards and to ensure that appropriate control measures are in place
- Maintain a central record of all risk assessments
- Discuss areas for improvement with relevant staff and/or external bodies and agree appropriate corrective action
- Ensure all training is up to date across sites
- Complete reports and any project work as required by management
- Previous experience in a similar role
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent
- IOSH qualification
- Train the trainer desirable
- Computer skills, especially Microsoft Word and Excel
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Able to work calmly and efficiently under strict time constraints
This role will require travelling within the UK and abroad and the successful candidate will be provided with a Company car/car allowance.